MR ALEX TORRIE MB ChB, MRCS (Eng), CertMedEd, FRCS (Tr+Orth), MD (Anatomical Sciences)
Mr Alex Torrie is a Consultant Spinal Surgeon whose full-time practice is focussed at dealing with problems affecting the whole spine, spinal cord and nerves of the spine.
Mr Torrie is an expert in the management of routine and complex spinal conditions including:
• Spine trauma and reconstruction
• Sports injuries affecting the spine
• Degenerative spinal disorders – back pain, lumbar disc prolapse (low back pain with sciatica), spinal stenosis, spondylolisthesis, cervical disc prolapse (neck and arm pain), thoracic disc prolapse, myelopathy, sacro-iliac joint dysfunction
• Spinal tumours – affecting bone, spinal cord compression and spinal instability
• Spine infections including TB
• Adult degenerative deformity with regional spinal imbalance
Having studied at Bristol University and completed his higher neurosurgical training, Mr. Torrie is a full-time NHS Consultant in the Department of Spinal Surgery, Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. He holds regular private practice clinics across Gloucestershire. He is able to see both self-funded and insured patients and is fully indemnified for his practice.